Please be praying that I get better soon, as I'm showing symptoms of Swine Flu after being exposed last week. There isn't anything anyone can really do right now - if I develop pneumonia then I'd be hospitalized but other than that, it's a virus, you can only treat the symptoms. When I got pneumonia as a child I recovered after just a couple days in the hospital, but I tend to get viruses worse than other people - the "seasonal flu" left me with a fever over 104 more than once, which obviously is dangerous. And because of my shunt, if I get a fever, it's off to the hospital to get scans to check for malfunction & tests to check for infection.
Mostly I'm scared of being in isolation. I stayed home today from my Pain Management class because I don't want to expose people, so right now I'm not a risk to anyone except my family (unfortunately, I feel really guilty about exposing them). And I'm not gonna go out unless it's to the doctor, so if there's an outbreak, it's not cuz of me.
Please be praying... I'm really sick. And a little scared. My Mom came in to my room this morning to tell me goodbye when she left for work, and she TOTALLY FREAKED OUT because apparently my coloring was awful & I've been "wheezing" when I breathe (not really wheezing like with asthma, but like a rattling in my chest) so I woke up to "Michelle, wake up! What's wrong?" and questions about painkiller overdoses - that's how bad I looked, and it takes a lot to rattle my Mom after all she's seen me go through.
I'll update when/if I can...
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will keep praying for you. I hope you get well soon.:)
Praying for you Michelle.
I'm so sorry you're ill, Michelle. Please just keep doing the great things that you're doing (staying in bed, resting, avoiding crowds, loving God). And thank God for your wonderful mom! I know you've posted to others that her role as a loving mom is challenging as she loves and cares for you through the years. May you affirm her richly for Mother's Day.
Love in Christ, Michal
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 4-7
Praying for you!
Post a Comment