Monday, June 1, 2009

Neurosurgeon concerned...

If you have any prayers to spare, would you please lift me before Jesus? This morning I saw my neurosurgeon for a "routine" shunt valve adjustment... and we discovered that part of the shunt valve is malfunctioning.

This means I may be facing my second brain surgery in 5 months within the week.

The adjustment itself is painless, but the result - changed pressure within the skull - is extremely painful. Right now we're trying to control the INTENSE pain with Morphine but it's really rough.

If I don't improve within the next few days, I have to go get the shunt checked again... and if it's still messed up, into surgery I go.

Please pray that this will not be necessary, and that God will take this pain from me.

And if you aren't already, please be praying that Ukraine does not ban international adoption tomorrow. There are a lot of parents who want so desperately to go get their children.

1 comment:

Flush said...

Prayers for you:)