Friday, April 8, 2011

Speechless...

Yesterday, at approximately 9am, my wonderful Uncle jumped from the apartment building my Grandma has lived in since the year I was born (1986). He fell 22 stories to his death.

Suicide.

Out of the blue.

I'm trained in suicide prevention, and NONE of the warning signs were there.

I'm sorry it took until now to post, and I'm not able to write a post with all the details at this moment... I'm on Xanax to help me calm down & relax, as are all but 2 members of my family. I've never experienced grief like this. The closest person to me who has died before was my Grandpa, who helped raised me & who I lived with for several years, but his death took a few years so by the time he passed, we were already in the grieving process.

I promise to update with details as soon as I can. From now until the funeral on Tuesday I'm sure I'll be able to have moments of clarity, and when I do, I'll use them to write more so you can be praying more specifically.

My family & I would appreciate your prayers more than you can imagine. I am humbly coming before you, my sisters & brothers in Christ, and begging for your prayers & support at this time. I can't comprehend it and am LITERALLY waiting to wake up from this.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Michelle...

I'm so sorry....I will be praying!

SJ said...

I'm so sorry :( You and your family are definitely in my prayers.