Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ready or Not, Here It Comes!!!

In recent days, the Lord has been burdening my heart, friends. After watching Kirk Cameron's incredibly brave interview about homosexuality, I looked into my own heart and asked myself if I would be willing to risk so much to stand up for my Bible-based beliefs. In this world, where all of us are sinners and in desperate need of a Savior, it has become socially acceptable to do what the Bible condemns and anyone who speaks God's Truth is labelled unloving, judgmental, even hypocritical.

So the question is this: are you - am I - willing to risk being labelled? Being rejected? Viewed in a way none of us would want to be viewed?

Would YOU be willing to risk - say it isn't so! - BLOG READERS?!

To answer no is human... to answer yes is commanded by God.

In the coming days, I will be writing about these issues. The number of followers I have will likely drop and my inbox will surely contain a whole bunch of hate mail. But I would rather have approval from my Heavenly Father than fallen man.

I will be writing about not only homosexuality but abortion, marriage, family structure, mental health issues, adoption, forgiveness, and whatever else God leads me to write. I will share personal stories & experiences, Scripture, and challenge you to live the Word in a way that takes more than guts, it takes faith. And I will write about why YOU need Jesus in 2012 and every other year of your life.

Questions will be welcomed if asked in a respectful manner, malicious comments on either side will be deleted & ignored, and discussion is perfectly acceptable if conducted in an adult manner.

Will you join me on this walk? Will you be bold enough to proclaim God's Word and the map He has laid out for how we should live our lives, interact with others, and build our society as a whole? Or will you be too afraid of condemnation and "rocking the boat"?

Who will you choose to follow?

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Can't wait to hear what you have to say! The Lord has been talking to me about speaking out on some issues, as well. :)

Thanks for encouraging me to BE BOLD.

Laurel
mama of 12