Friday, April 10, 2009

PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!!!

As those of you following my story know, I had a shunt inserted into my brain with tubing under my skin all the way down to my abdomen just 4 months ago.

I am showing signs of shunt malfunction... which could kill me.

The bigger risk is of brain damage, which I'm still struggling with from the first surgery, both because of the way the shunt goes into the center of the brain & because of the anesthesia I couldn't wake up from.

At the very least, if the shunt's broken, you must fix it - meaning repeat brain surgery even worse than the first, because before the new one goes in, the old must come out - and they have to cut all the way across my stomach to run the tubing through.

People slip into a coma easily if the shunt malfucntions. There ARE warning signs - but everyone in my house is sick with a flu & stomach bug, so the nausea & fever aren't the big things they'd usually be. My head is POUNDING but I get daily migrianes. See the problem? It isn't clear cut.

We need wisdom. I could go to the ER and have scans run... they put people like me right under those who need help staying alive at that second. But my body's been exposed to more radition through scans than most are in a lifetime - I believe my doctor said I'm already at nearly twice the exposure, and CT scans/x-rays/MRIs WILL be part of my life until I die.

We knew I'd have repeat surgery every few years even if things went great... shunts & tubing break down over time. But I'm still recovering from the initial surgery!

I'm scared. I'm not afraid to admit that. Not in a terrified way, more in a "I really don't want to deal with this" way.

Would you please pray for me?

Would you consider even asking your blog readers to pray for me? Even if you don't want to link to my blog, even if you don't mention my name (both of which you're more than welcome to do, I just don't mind if you'd prefer not to), I'd just really appreciate all the prayers I can get.

For wisdom for me as I describe my symptoms, for my parents who are very sick themselves & are more responsible for me than I am because the danger hits when I'll be unaware & they can only tell by my behavior, and for the doctors caring for me, particularly my neurosurgeon & neurologist.

I serve a God big enough to heal me... but that doesn't mean He will this side of Heaven.

Thanks so much for walking with me & praying to the One who controls it all...

8 comments:

Tinkerbell Memories said...

I came across your blog a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely say many many prayers for you and ask others to pray as well. I hope you have a great Easter!

LA said...

Praying for you Michelle

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family

Erin said...

((praying))

Deb said...

Wow girl! I'm just catching up and I read this. I'm praying and will try to link to you as soon as I can.
Keep us updated please.

Anonymous said...

http://www.andyandcari.blogspot.com/
Another family is going through the motions of a similar situation then you. I figured when you feel better maybe you can go check them out. Hope your doing better and resting.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Michelle.

Michal Ann said...

I am praying now Michelle. You have an amazing story and many chapters yet to tell. As your "intro." says, "Most importantly, this is my journey back into the loving arms of my Father & Lord." May you FEEL His love! I am so very sorry that you and your family are suffering.

Through all of this, and probably because of your challenges, you are such an encourager of others. I've read many of your sweet comments to MckMamma. "But for you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness rise with healing in His wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture." Malachi 4:2

Oh! How I pray your Healer will rise! Soon!

Love, Michal Ann
immichal@yahoo.com