Friday, February 15, 2013

Just FYI...

Just wanted to write a quick post to say I haven't disappeared & will be posting the promised blog entry soon. The reason for the delay is actually kind of strange... you know that cruise ship which has been drifting for days with deplorable conditions on board? This has brought back memories I'd buried from my abduction back in 2000 to Mexico. I would NEVER say I suffered what these people did, but some of the things are exactly the same, and hearing conditions described this week has triggered enough memories that I want to do a post about that first. Not to wallow in pity or rehash what happened, but because I have been told that some people find comfort in hearing how God brought us through that, and if there's a chance anyone will see this & see Him, that's a chance I'll gladly take. The abortion entry will be after that one... I want to get this done while the memories are fresh. So if you want to read that, check back in the next day or so. Hope you all shared the day with people you love & are feeling their love for you as well as the Lord's!

*****IMPORTANT NOTE*******
Given that the next post will contain details of an intercountry abduction during which there was abuse & neglect, PLEASE steer clear of this blog until Monday (I won't post anything else until then). I know that some of my readers are either parents of abuse survivors or have been abused themselves, and I know there are both adoptees and adoptive parents who have dealt with similar conditions in the country of origin. If you are in one of those groups & are sensitive to being triggered, please guard your heart. I know from personal experience that details can seem absolutely ordinary to most people, nothing seemingly horrible, yet to someone who has had those experiences, the smallest thing can set off a tidal wave of memories & emotions. I will try to put these warnings up at the beginning of every post from now on which may contain triggers, but of course it's impossible for one person to know what triggers others so I apologize if I miss something. This next entry, however, is one that I KNOW will contain triggers to certain people.

No comments: